Connecting Kids to Coverage Outreach & Enrollment Funding
Call for Applications: $48 Million Available to Help Increase Enrollment of Children in Medicaid and CHIP
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced a funding opportunity to support innovative outreach strategies aimed at increasing the enrollment and retention of eligible, uninsured children in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Grants awarded under the cooperative agreement will fund outreach and enrollment strategies aimed at educating families about the availability of Medicaid and CHIP and directly assisting families with the application and renewal process. Awards will be in the form of cooperative agreements, ranging in size from $500,000 to $1,500,000 over a three-year period. CMS expects to announce the award recipients in June 2019.
Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Time: 2:00 PM -3:30 PM ET
Dial-in Number: 1-877-271-1828
Who Can Apply
This cooperative agreement opportunity is open to the following eligible entities:
- States with an approved child health plan under this title (42 U.S.C. Section 1397aa et seq.)
- Local governments
- Indian tribe or tribal consortiums, tribal organizations, urban Indian organizations receiving funds under title V of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (25 U.S.C. 1651 et seq.), or an Indian Health Service provider
- Federal health safety net organizations
- National, state, local, or community-based public or nonprofit private organizations, including organizations that use community health workers, community-based doula programs, or parent mentors
- Faith-based organizations or consortia, to the extent that a cooperative agreement awarded to such an entity is consistent with the requirements of Section 1955 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300x-65) relating to a grant award to nongovernmental entities
- Elementary or secondary schools
Important Application Dates
- January 4, 2019 - Letter of Intent Due
- January 28, 2019 - Applications Due
- June 2019 - Anticipated Award Date
Recursos para las solicitudes
Please send questions to: email@example.com
About Connecting Kids to Coverage Outreach and Enrollment Funding
Connecting Kids to Coverage outreach and enrollment funding supports activities aimed at identifying children who are eligible for Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and helping their families enroll and renew their coverage. Along with the National Connecting Kids to Coverage Campaign, these activities have helped boost enrollment of eligible children in Medicaid and CHIP. They also have helped to engage a wide range of partners in taking steps to make health coverage outreach and enrollment a part of their routine efforts to ensure the health and security of the nation’s children and their families.
Learn about funding history and past award recipients on the Outreach & Enrollment Funding History page.